Reinventing the wheel
There are currently several tasks that I will do as soon as I want to, and most of them are quite difficult, requiring me to change large pieces of my code. I was too lazy to do this, so I decided to do something easier. The tracks of the vehicle now have wheels, as they should have had in the first place.
One thing you might not now about game programming is that getting transformations right is one of the hardest parts. While not exactly complicated, a small mistake can lead to very, very strange results. Like here:
When I corrected this, I realized that I created not enough wheels.
This wasn’t hard to change, but I’m surprised how many wheels this thing actually needs. It’s 14 for each side! To put this in perspective: The PistenBully 300, the largest model of Kässbohrer Geländefahrzeug AG (of course, without that container) has only six. Planning and doing research before starting to model might have been a good idea. Anyway, wheels are finished now.
Written on September 18th, 2005 at 06:07 pm