Agents of Shield - Checklist filled
So let’s see how that checklist works out in practice then. Oh yeah, spoilers:
- A group of people that don’t get along initially, but grow to become a family? - Yeah. Still working on that growing to be a family.
- A scene where it looks like a tiny girl is in danger, but in reality she’s the one in control of the whole situation and the most dangerous thing all around? - Yeah. This time she’s evil. In a wider sense, the villain of the week is male but portrays that power reversal, too.
- A “oner”, meaning a very long shot where the camera moves to a space without cutting? - Not yet.
- An episode where information is conveyed through music? - Not yet.
- Beloved minor characters who die? - Not yet.
- Characters in so much pain and angst that they can barely walk? - Yeah. Charles Gunn.
- Pop culture references? - Oh yeah. “With great power comes… a whole lot of shit that you’re not prepared to deal with.”
- Actors from previous Joss Whedon works? - Charles Gunn, Shepherd Book, the Serenity. And a discount version of Eliza Dushku.
- A great sense of humor? - Hell yeah. “Sorry, the corner was dark, I couldn’t resist”
- Horrible things happening to people in love? - still too early for that
Written on September 25th, 2013 at 09:57 pm