Cars in German
So, I just came home from watching Cars in the german version. I had seen the movie before in San Francisco, and I liked it more there. In Detail:
- Heiko Wasser and Christian Danner (well-known motor sport announcers in Germany) were disappointing. Danner was better (well, of course, he used to drive for Alfa Romeo…), but both are more fun without script.
- Niki Lauda as “The King” was a good choice.
- Some names got changed, for example the tow truck was “Hook” instead of “Mater”. That was not necessary.
- Translating the song “Our Town” was a bad idea.
- The voices were generally well-chosen, though I did not like all the same. Especially Sally was better in the original.
My end result: Watch the movie, in german, too. It’s still cool, and I guarantee you that I’m gonna watch it some more.
Finally, something different: For fun, I registered this site in a toplist that was advertised in the Interstate battlefield mod forum. There is only one other page there, so I think I have good chances of reaching the number one spot. If you want to help me, please vote for me:
Well, actually, you can’t vote because the toplist is down now.
Written on September 3rd, 2006 at 02:35 pm